Search This Blog

2016/05/03

My Sentou Shoujo (Battle Girl) Can't Be This So Cute... - Girls X Battle Review and Opinions


While having get tired in playing trending games like Clash Royale or some other similar games, I am looking for something interesting which suits at my level of favoritism. You know what I like, right? I like Anime girls with cute aura - of what I call the Moe points (as same as the cute aura or handsomeness points for boys). One day, I got stumbled into this gaming app for Android. I just said, "This game looks good and the reviews and ratings of it are quite high." This is the time where I got hooked into this Moe gaming app, of what they call, Girls X Battle.



So what is this game all about? Sorry for not observing the story line because that time I was focusing on the gameplay and features of this gaming app. Going back to the question: What is this game all about? It is a game in which a male high school student battles other students using mysterious cards that summon beautiful ladies. For me, I will call and dub them as Sentou Shoujo or Battle Girls in English translation. It looks like my expectation from this gaming app is very high.

My Observation and Comparison to Other Similar Games Like This

From the beginning, I have been looking at the preview screenshots of it provided by the Google Play Store and its official website. Somehow, I got an idea of what kind of battle system does this gaming app has. I just said, "The battle system looks familiar to the one that I have played before." Despite of the graphics and artwork, the battle system of this gaming app looks similar to the other gaming app that I have played before. To mention, the battle system looks familiar and similar to other related gaming apps, like most notably Heroes Charge and Dot Arena.


As you can see at the picture shown above, the arrangement of graphical interfaces looks familiar and similar. Try comparing this with the other gaming apps, most notably Heroes Charge and Dot Arena.

Let's go to the next part!

The Title

Girls X Battle (I call or dub this as 'Sentou Shoujo') is ideal for male gamers who loved Anime girls with strong Moe points or aura. As the title suggests, the 'X', for me, between the title is just a delimiter character. So I call this as 'Girls Battle' and the two words were just separated with the 'X' delimiter. When you see the logo, there is a Japanese sentence there in which somehow has a reference. It is somehow a parody to the title of the Anime, Oreimo. I don't know what the kanji noun was in that sentence (Sorry I can't understand some kanji words), but when I translate it literally, it outputs as, "My (insert noun or subject here) can't be this so cute!" So this game was about cute Moe girls which were summoned by the high school student (the player).

The Graphics and the System

"Sorry for the friggin' weak stats! This was just my screenshot illustration for this post."

My expectation for this game is really high. Even the menu system like this were somehow similar to the two gaming apps mentioned earlier in this post. For the strengthening of these Sentou Shoujo (Battle Girls), you can do any of the following:
  • Equip her with gears or equipment which were dropped at the dungeons or places explored.
  • If her equipment is full, you can promote her to let her rank increase. Ranks were similar to Heroes Charge ranking system. You can view this post for reference.
  • Strengthening (leveling up) your Sentou Shoujo with items, like juices.
  • Strengthening the skills. Points were limited up to ten (10) points and it recharges per period of time.
  • Evolving by collecting scrolls corresponding to that girl (Those scrolls can be used to summon a new Sentou Shoujo).
Finally, when you tap her, she can do random battle animations while speaking out her Japanese words or phrases.


For the summoning system, look at the top and the bottom screenshots.

The summoning system is quite different from the two similar apps mentioned in this post. It features fully-voiced dialogues in Japanese in visual novel style.

What Makes this Gaming App Different from the Similar Gaming Apps Mentioned?

The difference is that Girls X Battle features fully-voiced dialogues in Japanese language. Also the difference was the themes contained by this gaming app.

Warning: Sexual references/innuendo detected! You can hear her random phrases by tapping her. Try it!

There are also sexual references present in this game, too, as seen when we watch some certain not-so-pervy or Ecchi Anime shows, like Date A Live, for example. Some suggestive themes were also present in this game, like suggestive posing, skimpy clothes, and so on. Therefore, this game should be not confused with the other similar gaming apps which has the same gaming and battle system.

Some References that You Don't Know About

Girls X Battle had referenced some various aspects to the game, whether it could be from an Anime, or a TV show or media. Here are my following observations for the game:
  • The 15-second trailer music for the game is somehow referenced from the instrumental version of the Neon Genesis Evangelion theme song.
  • Some character designs, including enemies, were referenced from various Anime. One of my observation for the character designs is the random fat guy (I don't know his name, sorry) from the Anime, Steins;Gate.
My observations are just few. If there are more and you think they are proven or legit, you can email me or post a comment in this post.

Summary and Ending

Girls X Battle is ideal for Anime lovers who loved cute and lovely Anime girls with pleasing Moe points and personality suited to their level of their favoritism. The battle system and graphics were somehow similar to other gaming apps, like Heroes Charge and Dot Arena; the difference was that it was Anime-themed and it was fully-voiced in Japanese language.

I have absolutely NO PERSONAL HATE against this gaming app, despite that it has referenced some various aspects from different Anime shows or TV shows or media mentioned. I know that some gaming companies had tried making rip-off games for both iOS and Android systems, but I know that they had tried their best to satisfy the needs of every fans around the globe. To say, this gaming app is trying to be trendy as possible, and it somehow serves as a parody gaming app as seen in some Anime shows.

The ending is that this game is enjoyable and satisfying and it will just depend on the taste of the player, whether he or she hates Ecchi Anime girls or not.

Thank you for your time reading this review/opinion post! I hope that you can understand it! Don't let the other people who reviewed this game let you down. You know, it is about favoritism, not a rip-off or copyright issue.

Credits and Acknowledgement

I want to thank Carolgames, the publisher of the Girls X Battle (I dubbed this, for me again, as 'Sentou Shoujo') gaming app, for making this game wonderful. I had made my rating and review on that app on the Google Play Store.

The screenshots were from my Galaxy Nexus phone, running Android version 4.3, where this gaming app is installed.

For more information, you can check this gaming app out on the Play Store. You should also visit the publisher's website and its official Facebook or other social media accounts for more information, features, and events!

1 comment: